Christmas is one of the most joyous festivals celebrated all over the world. Without lights, the complete holiday season seems sketchy.
Christmas lights bring joy, warmth & optimism & are used in various ways like decorating Christmas trees, home, workspace, or even gardens.
In this post, I am here with 5 top-rated solar-powered Christmas lights that are all under $50.
If you are the one who loves going renewable or just wants to cut off your electricity bills then you should definitely use these solar-powered Christmas lights.
Let’s review each of them!
Best Solar Powered Christmas Lights
After reading hundreds of reviews & testing most of the string lights, we have come across these 5 handpicked solar-powered Christmas lights.
1. JMEXSUSS 2 Pack Solar String Light
The first one on our list is a string light from JMEXSUSS. It is a 75.5 ft long string with over 200 LEDs. It is quite long & can be a great fit for a Wedding, Christmas, New Year celebrations, or any other special occasion.
Additionally, It comes with 5 different variants: Blue, Green, White, Yellow & Multi-color. Along with that, it also comes in 8 different modes: combination, in a wave, sequential, slow glow, chasing/flash, slow fade, twinkle/flash & steady on.
What I like most about these string lights is the length of string, i.e. 12 meters. Cons include small solar panels that absorb very little sunlight & thus only 3-4 hours of backup at night.
- 8 different modes.
- Withstand heavy rain & even snowfall.
- Length of over 12m.
- Solar panels are small.
- Only 3-4 hours of backup at night.
- The battery might not charge on a cloudy day.
2. Solar Mason Jar Christmas Lights
Solar mason jars come second into our list. However, it is one of my favorite solar-powered lights. These jars give an attractive look both outdoors & indoors.
The best thing about them is that these solar-powered Christmas Jars have built-in solar panels (in the lids) & a smart light sensor. This sensor automatically turns the lights on at night.
Also, the charging time is normal – around 4 to 6 hours. However, the output is outstanding, i.e. 8-10 hours when fully charged.
One thing that you might not admire is that it comes in a single color, i.e. Warmth white.
- Smart Light Sensors – turns the light automatically at night.
- Waterproof design.
- Only 4-6 hours of charging time.
- 8-10 hours of output when fully charged.
- Only one color available – warmth white.
- Quite hard to charge on a cloudy day.
3. Solar Star String Lights
It is quite similar to the normal solar-powered string lights except for the fact that the bulb is in the shape of a star. Using this string light in your garden will give you a feel of twinkling stars.
Along with that, it also comes with a complete solar power system that includes a AA battery and a 4×4 inches solar panel.
Like other solar-powered Christmas lights, solar panels cannot be detached in these strings too.
Also, the wires are not that strong & can be twisted if not handled with care.
- 8-12 hours of backup after full charging.
- Heat Proof & waterproof.
- 30 days money back & 2 years replacement assurance.
- Solar-panel not detachable.
- Not very bright.
- Wires can be twisted if not handled with care.
4. OZS Solar String Lights
With over 200 LED lights & a length of 72 ft, OZS Solar string lights are available on Amazon for less than $50.
The best thing about these string lights is the large size of solar panels & the long-lasting battery that comes with them.
The company claimed that they are providing an 1800 mAh battery that will last for more than 10 hours. However, it might last less in the winter season.
- Bigger solar panels & long-lasting battery.
- 8 different combination modes.
- Waterproof & free 1800mah batteries included.
- Can charge a little even in cloudy weather.
- The solar panel is not detachable.
- The battery doesn’t last long in winter.
5. Laboreducer Solar String Lights
Last but not the least, Laboreducer is offering multicolor string lights at a price less than $20. The length is 33 ft which is lesser compared to others but amazing in this price range.
Like other string lights, it also comes with 8 modes of combinations & a waterproof body. The wires are quite strong & can be molded 360°.
There are some cons as well that include longer charging time & smaller size.
- 8 Combinations.
- Insulated & can withstand heavy rain.
- Strong & moldable wires.
- Longer charging time of 6-8 hours.
- Smaller in size.
Up to You!
Using string lights during the Christmas season is a great way to glorify your overall experience. However, these lights can cost you hundreds of dollars in your electricity bill.
Solar-powered Christmas lights are a great way to overcome this problem. These lights come with an integrated battery & pre-installed panels.
I have reviewed the top 5 solar-powered lights that you can use this Christmas along with their pros & cons.
Now, it’s up to you which one you choose – just remember one thing, “ Don’t compromise price over quality”.
Finally, What do you think about these solar-powered lights? Are you using these lights or planning to purchase? Leave a comment & let everyone know!
You can appreciate our efforts by sharing this post with your friends & family!
Merry Christmas! 🎅
- 11 Best Solar Powered Fans – Detailed Review (2023 Updated)Among all the renewable energy sources, solar energy is highly […]
- 7 Best Solar Powered Fountain Pumps in 2023Solar powered fountain pumps add a star to the beauty […]
- 5 Best Solar Powered Security Cameras in 2023Are you concerned about the security of your house? Your […]
- 5 Best Solar Powered Christmas LightsChristmas is one of the most joyous festivals celebrated all […]
- 5 Best Solar Power Banks: Comparison & Prices in 2023The solar power bank is a battery power storage unit […]
- 7 Best Solar Powered Lanterns – For 2023!Unlike regular lanterns, Solar powered lanterns use solar energy to […]
9 thoughts on “5 Best Solar Powered Christmas Lights”
Those mason jars are beautiful!!! My sister would love those.
I also love these jars. You should definitely go for them!
Oh my goodness, these lights are so beautiful! I love that they are sustainable too. I feel like you can use many of them even when it’s not the holidays. Thank you for sharing this.
Your welcome Merveille!
Such a great idea cause you can save so much money using solar power instead!!! Would probably wrap the whole house with christmas lights now. Lol
Yup, using these solar-powered Christmas lights you don’t have to worry about electricity bills!
They are so lovely ! I would love to have one of them, I’m just worried that it won’t come up the way I wanted as we have less sunlight now In Scotland.
The OZS string lights work even in low sunlight/cloudy weather conditions. You should try it!
Led lights are amazing! I used to have the laboreducer string lights, but not solar.