How to remove paint from solar panels? Solar panels are a great investment for homeowners who are looking to save money on their electric bills. But, what if you have some paint stains on your solar panels?
These panels help you provide a steady supply of clean energy which is why you might be frustrated when you find paint stains on them. These stains are very difficult to clean and often require special equipment.
In this blog, we’re going to take a look at how you can remove these paint stains without damaging the panels and without spending a lot of money.
Before moving forward, let me first discuss briefly why you should clean your solar modules on a regular basis, along with their benefits.
Is it necessary to clean solar panels regularly?
It’s important to note that solar panels are an investment, so you want to make sure that they are in the best, or at least a safe, condition.
Solar modules can be damaged by dirt, tree sap, bird droppings, and other debris. However, you don’t have to clean them daily. In fact, it’s not necessary to even clean them monthly.
However, cleaning solar panels weekly can be a great way to avoid dirt and dust from accumulating on them.
Any dirt, dust, or lose materials that are on solar panels can cause them to stop absorbing sunlight, which can reduce the efficiency of the solar panels.
So, it’s not necessary to clean solar panels every week – however, if you want to boost efficiency or just want to make sure that they look cleaner, then I recommended cleaning them once a week.
- How to remove paint from Solar Panels?
- Best Cleaning Solution for Your Solar Modules
- Final Words
How to remove paint from Solar Panels?
Solar panels are important for the environment and their efficiency is often compromised by paint stains. These stains need to be removed as soon as possible.
In order to remove paint stains from solar panels, you have to first check the type of paint stain.
- If it is oil-based, then use a brush to scrub the area with a mild dishwashing liquid.
- If it is water-based, then use a mixture of vinegar and water or a commercial cleaning agent.
Next, you have to follow the following process:
1) Brush off loose dirt and grime with a soft brush or vacuum cleaner attachment first. If the paint is dry and hard to remove, use a mild dishwashing liquid mixed with water instead of soap or detergent.
This will break down the paint without damaging the surface of the panel as much as soap would do.
2) Spray or pour some dishwashing liquid onto the stain and scrub gently with a soft cloth or sponge until it completely vanishes.
Make sure to not use harsh chemicals to remove paint stains from solar panels as it may degrade the solar cells.
Best Cleaning Solution for Your Solar Modules
It’s important to keep your solar modules clean. The dirt sticking to your modules can cause them to lose their efficiency or attract predators.
However, you may not want to scrub your modules with dirty water, so you should use a cleaner.
I’ve compiled a list of some of the best cleaning solutions you can use on your solar modules.
01. Titan Laboratories Glass Gleam Solar Cleaner
If you are looking for one of the best cleaning solutions for your solar modules, then you should definitely check out “Glass Gleam Solar Cleaner” by Titan Laboratories.
It is a special type of concentrated cleaner that is developed only for solar modules. The company claims that it is environment-friendly & safe for solar modules.
With 1 gallon of this concentrated solution, you can make around 500 gallons of cleaning solution.
- No Hazardous ingredients like Phosphates or Ammonia
- Balanced pH, kind to hands.
- Restores photovoltaic efficiency.
- Environment friendly & biodegradable.
- Instantly mixes with water & does not harm solar cells.
Ratings: 4.4 / 5.0 – 75 ratings on Amazon
02. Glasweld Proclean Water Spot Remover
The next one on our list is “Glasweld Proclean Water Spot Remover”. It is another amazing product on Amazon with over 1400 ratings (4.4 / 5.0).
If you want an all-in-one solution for tough water spots on glass, metal, tiles, painted surfaces, etc. then you should go for it.
Glasweld Procleaner is 100% biodegradable, acid-free & water-based, thus will not harm the surface of solar modules.
- Quickly removes mineral deposits.
- 100% Safe & Effective.
- Restores surfaces to new.
- Comes in an 8-ounce bottle
Ratings: 4.4 / 5.0 – 1443 ratings on Amazon
03. IRON OUT Spray Gel Rust Stain Remover
IRON OUT Spray Gel is a powerful rust stain remover that will remove rust stains and prevent them from returning.
It is non-toxic and safe to use, with a low VOC formula. It is a versatile product that can be used in many different ways.
You can use it to remove rust stains in bathrooms, kitchens, appliances, laundry, glass, and outdoors. It can also be used as a general rust & stain remover for your solar panels.
- Powerful gel clings to dissolve rust stains.
- Ideal for hard-to-reach surfaces.
- Septic Safe
- Non-Abrasive & Non-Hydrofluoric.
Ratings: 4.3 / 5.0 – 9195 ratings on Amazon
Can vinegar be used to clean solar panels?
Is it a good idea to use chemicals to clean solar panels?
What is the best way to remove paint stains from solar panels?
What is the best cleaning solution for solar panels?
- Effect of Weather conditions on Solar Modules
- Guide to Solar Panel Recycling
- How to protect solar panels from Hails: The Ultimate Guide
I hope you enjoyed this blog post on how to remove paint from solar panels. Following this post will definitely be going to help you remove paint stains & other dust from the surface of your modules.
I’ve tried my best to get the step-by-step process laid out for you in this blog to get your solar panels looking brand new!
If you have any questions or would like to connect, please feel free to leave a comment below this post.
Thank you for reading, we would love to hear from you!